Adam Perry won both the front and back nines by one point over Kian Mooney, winning the day with 57 total stableford points accumulated in his gross round of 69 (+15). Kian was a close seond with 55 points (gross 71 (+17), just ahead of the chasing pack of Oliver Betschart (49), Ethan Sousa (46) and Nicholas Weikl (45). We had two debutants at Turtle Hill with Noelle and James Weight playing for the first time in a full BJGA tournament.
Tournament Results are on the tournament page here.
We played a Stableford Tournament this week with a prize for the most points. Benjamin Betschart took home the spoils (and spoils they were - the prize was a voucher for ice cream!) with 32 points. Adam Perry was second with 29 points. The gross results are on the tournament page - it was great to see Thomas Wells back out again.
1. Benjamin Betschart 32
2. Adam Perry 29
3. Ethan Sousa 27
4. Oliver Betschart 25
5. Thomas Wells 12
6. Nicholas Weikl 11 (stopped after 9 holes)
Nearest the Pins -
#6 - Benjamin Betschart
#11 - Ethan Sousa
Next week (June 11) is Tucker's Point and we will do a stableford tournament again with nearest the pin prizes.
The BJGA is an active organization with nearly 100 members. From September to June the BJGA provides weekly programming for all levels of junior golfer in Bermuda. The BJGA also works to secure entries into overseas events for Bermuda's junior golfers. The BJGA is administered entirely by volunteers who work closely with Bermuda's golf courses and BPGA professionals to provide the BJGA's programmes. The BJGA is looking to make the game of golf more acessible, enjoyable and affordable for Bermuda's young people.
Step 1 - Sign up for the BJGA website:
1. Click on the "join the BJGA" tab under membership - or click here
2. Complete the details in the registration form; please ensure all details on this form are correct including date of birth as this data is used for age group assignment for tournaments and overseas selection
3. You will receive an email confirmation of your username after you submit your application
4. Please submit payment by direct deposit to the BJGA account at Bank of Butterfield (account number is 20 006 060 230068 100), including your last name in the notes for beneficiary
Step 2 - Sign up for the appropriate group/tournament
1. Log into the website
2. Go to the Tournament Page
3. Scroll until you see the Tournament/Group for which you wish to register and click the "sign up" link
4. Click "submit"
5. You should receive a confirmation email that you have registered successfully.
For returning players, the 2015/16 BJGA Season will begin with a skills assessment on Saturday 19 September 2015 - see the Tournament Page for the location and time. New members who wish to join a group other than the Novice group should also attend this session. New Novice players or returning novice players who do not wish to be promoted at this stage do not need to attend this session (but may if they want to ask questions/meet the pros) and the full programming starts on Friday, September 25.
(c) 2015 Bermuda Junior Golf Association. Website Development by Fireminds Ltd.